Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day - Whew!

So, following the words he spoke at his inauguration "choose hope over fear"- he got out and walked (twice) ... and nothing bad happened.
Very relieved. :)

So I guess it's time to get on with the business of righting this ship of state.

One other note - I hear pundits throwing out that President Obama's (oooo, that's the first time I've gotten to type that!) campaign raised more money then any in history and also that this is the most expensive inauguration in history.

To those folks I would say, "What is your point?"
Look at the last inauguration ... most expensive in history, so were the 4 before that. Same with the last winning campaigns. Is that a good thing? I don't think so.
However, anyone who is trying to imply that this President has somehow done something unusual in this department ... is simply trying to manufacture a story.

Find me a winning campaign or inauguration that is cheaper then the one before it and THAT will be a story!

No comments: